FIU Student Affairs was very well represented at the NASPA Florida Drive in Conference at UCF. Professional and graduate students were very involved and invested in the program and really helped show Florida that FIU is an elite Student Affairs program.
Here are some highlights of the FIU impact on NASPA Florida.
- Largest Delegation – FIU (53 of us, surpassing even the host school, UCF)
- We took 15 undergraduate students to the Saturday Undergraduate Symposium for students interested in a career student affairs. FIU was largest delegation for this as well. Special thanks to Orientation and Parent Programs for supplying the bus and to Liz Fava for leading that delegation.
- GA’s Chris Arguedas and Liz Fava worked with me to recruit future Higher Ed Students to FIU at the Symposium Grad Prep Fair.
- Chris Arguedas sat on the grad panel at the Symposium, informing undergraduate students about life as a successful GA.
- FIU had two case study teams: Grad Assistants Judisha Chetty, Nicole Cozzie, Gary Santos Mendoza and New Professionals Hannah Black, Jason Atherton
FIU garnered four individual awards:
New Professional of the Year
Joanna Garcia, Florida International University
Mid-Manager of the Year
Craig Cunningham, Florida International University
Outstanding Service to Students Award
Alexis Fulks, Florida International University
Best Program Award
Academy of Leaders – accepted by Sabrena O’Keefe