Once you've paid your $200 tuition deposit, you will first complete a Virtual Orientation that will be taken online. To access your Virtual Orientation, log into your my.FIU.edu account, and scroll down to the Admissions section at the bottom of your Student Center. Click on the Virtual Orientation link, where you will see more information, and be connected to the portal. The cost of the Virtual Orientation is $35, which will be charged to your account upon completion.
Please follow these suggestions to successfully complete your Virtual Orientation:
- You will not see the link to your Virtual Orientation in your my.FIU.edu account until you've paid the $200 tuition deposit
- If you have been admitted to a fully-online degree program, click here for more information about your orientation process, as it is done through FIU Online, not this Virtual Orientation
- Any pop-up blockers within your internet browser must be turned off in order to be transferred from your my.FIU.edu account to the Virtual Orientation
- Make sure to let all videos play through on their own (if you try to skip ahead, it will not let you continue)
- You can stop and restart where you left off at any time by going back to the link in your my.FIU.edu account
- Once you complete the Virtual Orientation, you can always log back in to use the Real-Time Reminders and revisit your Topics of Interest
If you've followed the suggestions above, but are having technical difficulties, please send an e-mail with your name, Panther ID, a detailed description of the problem, and any relevant screen shots (if possible) to email@example.com.