Get trained (or re-trained) through the American Heart Association (AHA) Heartsaver or BLS for Healthcare Professionals (HCP) certifications. Cost includes card and materials. Upon receipt of payment, attendees will be provided the booklet for the appropriate course. Enrollment limit: 6 people per class. All classes held in the Wellness & Recreation Center Conference Room (RC 102).
Heartsaver® Courses are for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory or other requirements. Heartsaver® CPR AED is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches adult CPR and AED use, as well as how to relieve choking on an adult. The HS AED course teaches CPR, AED use, and relief of choking in adults, children, and infants, as well as the use of barrier devices for all ages. (Optional: Infant CPR with mask and choking). Upon successful course completion, students will be issued a card that will be valid for two years. Note: This course is for those who need basic CPR skills and is not designed for those who may work in a hospital setting.
The BLS for Healthcare Providers course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings. The course covers core material such as adult and pediatric CPR (including two-rescuer scenarios and use of the bag mask), foreign-body airway obstruction, and automated external defibrillation. This course is for healthcare providers such as EMS personnel, physician assistants, doctors, dentists, nurses, and respiratory therapists who must have a credential (card) documenting successful completion of a CPR course. Upon successful course completion, students will be issued a card that will be valid for two years.
Spring 2017 Course Schedule
BLS for Healthcare Providers Course
|Tuesday April 11||9 am - 1 pm||Raymond|
AHA Heartsaver Courses
|Thursday, April 13||9 am - noon||Sara|
Course Registration Information
- Registration must be made at least 24 hours prior to class.
- To register, please stop by the Wellness & Recreation Center to sign up.
- If you have any questions please contact the WRC Membership Desk at 305-348-2951.
- Payment is required at registration (credit/debit card with Visa or Mastercard logo only).
- Classes may be scheduled at other times for special groups/departments.
- Email Ashley Dent for scheduling of special groups/departments of 6 (all must be in the same class) - Pre-payment is required for all special group students.
updated on 1/23/17