Employees who have been employees by the Department for more than two consecutive semesters, received outstanding evaluations, and have demonstrated leadership, quality customer service skills and the ability to make pro-active decisions will have the opportunity to apply for a Building Supervisor position when the position is open.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all Customer Service and Weight Room Attendants
- Assist with the facility coordination of all special events/employee orientation each Fall
- Knowledge of operational policies and procedures for both Customer Service and Weight Room Attendants over a daily basis
- Frequent inspection of equipment and facility
- Address emergency situations in the facility and coordinate appropriate response
- Complete daily use reports and other statistics
- Give tours of the facility to prospective members and/or guests
- Responsible for opening/closing the WRC when on those shifts
- Assist with the training and evaluation of all Customer Service and Weight Room Attendants
- Assist with the hiring of new employees each semester by reviewing applications and interviewing.
- Z-out registers at Welcome/Membership Desk and Pro-Shop.
- Reporting mechanical, maintenance, and custodial issues.
- Promotion and enforcement of all Wellness & Recreation Center policies and procedures.