FIU Wellness & Recreation Center-MMC (WRC) is now offering free Fitness Assessments!***
FIU Students and WRC Members requesting a fitness assessment will be contacted via email within 3 business days of fitness assessment request. We have Personal Trainers on staff to complete fitness assessments during Wellness & Recreation Center hours (including weekends).
Location: All fitness assessments will take place at the FIU-MMC Wellness & Recreation Center.
- Height and Weight
- Resting Heart Rate and Blood Pressure
- Body Composition (Body Mass Index, Waist Measurements, Body Fat via BIA)
- Muscular Strength and Endurance Testing (Grip Strength, Push-up and Plank)
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness/Estimated VO2max (Step Test or 12-minute Run Test)
- Flexibility Tests
- Overhead Squat Test
To Prepare for the Assessment:
- Please wear comfortable clothing for exercise (t-shirt, shorts, and sneakers).
- Avoid exercise or strenuous physical activity the day of the consultation.
- Avoid food & tobacco 4 hours before the consultation.
- Avoid caffeine & alcohol 24 hours before the consultation.
- Drink an adequate but not excessive amount of water over the 24 hour period prior to the consultation to ensure normal hydration.
- Please be on time for the assessment. Your trainer will wait no more than 10 minutes after your scheduled appointment time.
- If you are running late or need to cancel last minute, please attempt to contact your trainer directly or call the Wellness & Recreation Center front desk (305) 348-2951 to have your trainer notified.
- If you fail to show-up to your appointment without notification, you will not be granted another appointment until the following semester.
***One free fitness assessment per person/per semester. Failure to attend assessment appointment will result in forfeiture of ability to schedule an assessment for the remainder of the semester.
Body Composition: Skinfold assessment used to find body fat percentage.
WRC Member: $15